This well could have been the last sunset on Big Bass Lake that the campers and counselors of Camp Martin Johnson saw before their camp closed for good. I do have some questions in that regard.
(1) What was the last campfire like?
(2) What was the last meal at the camp?
(3) Before the camp officially closed were there any off seaaon trips there?
(4) How did you first react when you heard the camp would be no more?
(5) How do you think Martin Johnson himself, who loved this area, would have reacted to the news had he been alive?
(6) Were you present during the last year of the camp?
(7) What do you miss most (one thing) about the camp that you will never forget?
Of course, it is altogether possible that the news of the camp closing was not made available to the last year campers. Still, it must have come as quite a shock whenever the news was revealed. Let us know your thoughts.