Tubing has become quite the past time on Big Bass Lake yet in these two photographs there are two interesting landmarks that are found on the lake. The first is the bridge that leads to the Big Island. That was put in during the year 1954 by Clyde Waite. Then that island was named after him.
The second landmark is the Big Bass Lake Campground Lodge which is almost in the exact same position that the Peacock Resort once had. And it is just west of where the bridge to the Big Island is located. Just west of the lodge is the Public Landing. And directly across from that campground is the Haunted Island.
Maybe some day soon another tuber will take us past the twin islands or come near the channel between Big and Little Bass Lake?